Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2020-04-19

On 4/19/20 6:30 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi!

I just uploaded updated installation images 2020-04-19 for the
following Debian Ports architectures [1]:

  * alpha
  * hppa
  * ia64
  * m68k
  * powerpc
  * ppc64
  * sparc64

These images should finally fix the installation process on Apple
PowerMacs and PowerBooks compatible with GRUB, so basically every
Macintosh using the New World ROM [2].

One user already reported a successful installation on his PowerMac
G5 and I expect installations to work fine on 32-bit machines, i.e.
G3 and G4 as well. But I'm looking forward to more feedback.

Working well enough. I tossed a bit of load at it and created :

enceladus$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 5.7.0-rc1 (root@enceladus) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Debian 9.3.0-10), GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.34) #1 SMP Sun Apr 19 20:10:43 UTC 2020
enceladus$

The whole process went smooth and no surprises at all.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC