Re: Firefox trouble

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 4:06 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> On 7/17/20 4:00 PM, Connor McLaughlan wrote:
> >> If it's not hardware-related, it's an issue in another package.
> >>

> > I doubt that it is a hardware failure. Firefox also segfaults on qemu-sparc64.
> >
> > Also firefox52 on netbsd is working on this machine, but of course you
> > can't compare this.
> > And i couldn't find firefox52 for debian sparc64.
>
> > http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20161230T183525Z/pool-sparc64/main/f/firefox/firefox_50.1.0-1_sparc64.deb
> > http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20180131T201111Z/pool-sparc64/main/f/firefox/firefox_59.0%7Eb4-1_sparc64.deb

Thank you for the links. Somehow firefox 50.1.0-1 is not reachable
through the standard snapshot search.

But the important thing: firefox 50 works on sparc64, while firefox 59
gives a bus error.

This aligns with what NetBSDs Martin Husemann is reporting. Firefox 52
is the last non-rust version to work for now. All above is currently
not working.
Sadly debian seems to have left out firefox52, so i am stuck with
firefox50 for now.

I also couldn't get firefox52 to compile via pkgsrc on debian, while
it was no problem on NetBSD/sparc64. Will have to analyze this deeper,
but this is not a topic for debian.

Regards,
Connor