Re: qemu-system-sparc64 not booting install of debian sparc64

On 03/07/2020 22:56, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> Can I ask you to submit a mail to dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org where you capture
> the above info and also a link to the old fix.
> Whoever did this did not break sparc64 on purpose - and mistakes happens.
>
> If you submit such mail then we can hopefully get this sorted out.

Thanks Sam, I've just done that:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2020-July/271440.html.

I do appreciate that developers don't go out of their way to break things on purpose
- certainly it is frustrating that it's a similar bug to the one I fixed before, but
then with less popular architectures such as SPARC these things just have to be
expected.
> If you or someone else can provide a simple HOWTO so one can try out a
> fix with qemu that would be appreciated.

Ah okay. Let me follow up with my dri-devel@ email with more detail on how I built
both QEMU and the kernel.

ATB,

Mark.