Re: xserver-xorg-video-mach64 missing

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 2:47 PM Gregor Riepl <onitake@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The Debian Xorg maintainers unfortunately had those packages removed
> > without asking anyone first whether they still need them , see these
> > discussions [1][2].
> >
> > I will work on getting the Xorg drivers back. Any help is welcome.
>
> See also this sunffb bug:
>
> I have a kind-of working package repo here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/onitake-guest/xserver-xorg-video-sunffb
>
> Kind-of, because there seems to be an issue with input handling that I'm
> not sure if it's related to sunffb or not. lightdm works fine, I can log
> in, but when the desktop loads (xfce, to save resources), it stops
> processing mouse clicks and keyboard input. I can still move the mouse
> cursor though.

Well sad state.

I am currently evaluating the performance of sunffb, fbdev and the
mach64 driver on NetBSD.
But because the mach64 GPU is so old and doesn't accelerate modern
effects, i am unsure if there is a noticeable speed difference between
the three for a modern desktop.

I am grateful for now to get a picture with fbdev on debian and can
bring up the desktop on this old Sun Blade 100.