Re: General beginners questions for debian sparc64

Hi all,
All this breakage seems to be due to many programmers ignoring the simple rules for endian compatibility.

At an X.org conference in Montreal last year I chatted with someone who was fixing these sorts of problems for IBM. We might get better progress by looking at the recent fixes in the PPC and ZOS trees (sorry, I have that name incorrect). These architectures are big endian so the fixes might be easily ported to SPARC.

There might still be problems due to bus word alignment, but from memory SPARC is more 'flexible' than the others on that issue.

I am still hoping to get my SparcBlade 2000 working again! Though with no time available.
Cheers -- Rick