Re: 2020-04-19 debian-10.0-sparc64 NETINST working fine sort of but libc6-dev ???

On 4/21/20 6:59 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> Debian Ports has neither "contrib" nor "non-free".
>>

> Ah well, that certainly explains that. Seems deb-src does not exist
> either.

No, because the sources are available on the main archives anyway:

deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian main contrib non-free

>> No, that works (see below). It's most likely your band-aid installation that
>> causes these problems.
>
> Well I did open the cover of the machine to see that there was an IDE
> interface in there but the cable needed seemed to be an odd width. The
> front of the machine has a slot for a CDROM as well as a 4mm DAT tape
> drive and I have neither of those. Would be great to try to boot from
> tape again one day. Hardly practical :) The only way that I could figure
> to boot the machine was to dd the netinst into a scsi disks cylinder 0
> and then boot that from the firmware. When the installer asked where the
> installation media was I simply entered manually /dev/sdb and everything
> ran fine.
>
> In any case the machine seems to be running fine and I am happy that I
> did not need to resort to TFTP/BOOTp nonsense to get the installer
> working. It all just worked out of the box and with an actual CRT type
> old terminal attached to the ttya port there was no problem at all.

Try installing "libc6-dev" alone to see what the error message is. Normally,
apt will tell you what actually prevents it from installing packages.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz