Re: Fail to boot Fujitsu M10-4

Hello Sonnie!

On 6/1/19 4:52 AM, Sonnie Hook wrote:
> I have installed Debian/SPARC port from ISO image of 2019-05-24. At first, I just followed the default "Use entire disk" to partition the whole disk into
> /dev/sda1 grub-boot
> /dev/sda2 /
> /dev/sda3 swap
> GRUB was installed without any error message. But when boot from prompt:
> {0} ok boot disk
> Boot device: /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@0/scsi@0/disk@p0,0  File and args:

Very interesting. You are the first person to try the sparc64 images on a Fujitsu
server, so we're completely entering new territories here. I'm definitely interested
in getting Debian to work on these machines.

Frank already gave you the right pointers, knowing what "arch-detect" says would
be the first interesting thing.

I'm interested in another question: For the partitioning, did you use guided
partitioning or did you partition manually? When partitioning manually, it
might happen that you set up the boot partition incorrectly.

In particular, the grub-boot partition is required for GPT partitioning while
Sun partitioning uses an ext2 boot partition.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz