Re: Will try debian-10.0-sparc64-grub-NETINST-1.iso

On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 07:40:20PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> I see https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/grub-test/ and
> have fetched debian-10.0-sparc64-grub-NETINST-1.iso which may
> work on a very very old netra test unit. A Netra X1 in fact.
> However it has enough memory and a basic serial port for a
> console.
>
> Can I serve up this iso image via TFTP/NFS or is it better to
> mess around with a physical CDROM ?

I don't have any answers or advice for you, but would be very
interested to hear more about it.  I also have old Sparc's, including
(if it's still around somewhere) an X1.  It would be a lovely low-power
server if I could get it running a reasonable OS.

I've attached IDE CD-ROM drives to it in the past to load things, and
while it's possible, it's not fun.  Info on how to load from the
debian distributions over the network would be appreciated.

      - Chris