Re: Fwd: Fail to boot Fujitsu M10-4

Hi,

When i get fast data mmu miss, it is usually related to device scanning and such on scsi controllers.
Check that your nvramrc doesn't have things in it like scsi-probe-all and such.

I've also had this problem once trying to load a kernel and initrd that was too big.

HTH

-Kevin

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 12:28 PM Anatoly Pugachev <matorola@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 12:42 PM Sonnie Hook <sonnie.hook@gmail.com> wrote:

> I inserted a USB disk on M10-4 and partitioned it with grub bios in rescue mode. The installer automatically installed GRUB to /dev/sda. I chroot to /target and executed
>
> # grub-install --force-extra-removable "/dev/sdb"
>
> Installing for sparc64-ieee1275 platform.
>
> Installation finished. No error reported.
>

> Then something different happened:
>
> {0} ok boot /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/usb@4,1/disk@0,0:a
>
> Boot device: /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/usb@4,1/disk@0,0:a  File and args:
>
> GRUB Loading kernel.
>
> vitual-device not found.
>
> ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

JFYI

Last time i've seen this error on 220R  (like 10 years ago) , the only
way to boot linux on it was to hard power reset