Re: Hurd-i386 and kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} removal

On 2019-04-13 17:01, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 15371 March 1977, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>
> > > How is the move to debian-ports supposed to happen? I won't have the
> > > time to do anything about it within the 2 weeks.
>
> > The process to inject all packages to debian-ports is to get all the
> > deb, udeb and buildinfo files from the archives (main and debug) and
> > associate them with the .changes files that are hosted on coccia. We'll
> > also need to fetch all the associated GPG keys used to sign the changes
> > files. Then we can inject that in the debian-ports archive.
>
> > It would be nice to have a bit more than 2 weeks to do all of that.
>
> Ok. How much? Is 6 or 8 weeks better? I don't think, given how long this
> is on the table already, it doesn't make much difference if its 2 or 8.
> Just something thats clear defined and not some random, non-clear
> "sometime in the future" point.

The hurd-i386 architecture has been moved to to debian-ports yesterday.
I hope it shows the willingness to do that. Please give us at least 4
more weeks to do the remaining kfreebsd-*. That will provide some margin
to account for the non-infinite free time to work on that (especially in
the freeze period) and possibly to get more disk space for the
debian-ports machine.