Re: Latest Debian Sparc64 installer

On 12/17/18 7:38 PM, Gregor Riepl wrote:
> Are you going to move sparc-utils back into the tree then, so elftoaout can be
> used to convert the grub binary?

I will add elftoaout.c directly to the GRUB sources. It needs some clean up so
that it builds without -Werror, but I already have a test package where I
integrated elftoaout.c into the GRUB sources. Now I just need to make the build
process use it to convert the ELF binaries to a.out. And convert the manpage
to the format used by GRUB.

> Or will you add a.out support back into libbfd?

No, that's not really possible as upstream doesn't want to deal with a.out and
COFF anymore, unfortunately.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz