Re: xserver problem 9.0-sparc64 netinst

On 12/03/2018 12:29 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
On 12/3/18 2:18 PM, Fred wrote:
On 12/03/2018 10:14 AM, Phillip Stevens wrote:
Mach64 (PGX24 PGX64) driver is not working. Also Radeon (XVR-100) is not working.

I don't know what Mach64 is. The computer is a plain U5 with 512K ram. The only card plugged in is a USB card. Should I remove the USB card?
Best regards,
Fred

There were very few options for the old sun ultra5. It was to be a sun
experiment into low cost PC-like dirt cheap slapped together low-end
workstations. So the graphics options were bottom dollar. The ultra10
had the benefit of actual OpenGL ready hardware but that is another
story.

So the ultra5 would ship with a 3D RAGE II M64 video graphics ability.
However you may also have the bone stock "SunVideo Plus" thing which I
can not recall what it was. There was also a thing called the pgx32 and
the pgx64.

You would need to boot the machine to the firmware ok prompt and look at
the device list to know for sure what you really have there.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I thought the U5 was exactly like the U10 but in a pizza box. I also have a U10 that is running Solaris 2.6 that is used for all my business stuff. I like Solaris 2.6/OpenWindows very much but the computer has been running essentially continuously for more than 20 years and I would like to upgrade to current Debian. I would buy a x86 PC but they all use a beetle wing with wheel mouse which I despise. I use a pcb layout program on the U10 that uses the mouse middle button. It is not looking good for upgrading the Ultras and maybe it would be easier to find a way to use the Sun three button mouse on a PC.

Best regards,
Fred