Re: xserver problem 9.0-sparc64 netinst

On 12/4/18 6:14 AM, Gregor Riepl wrote:
There were very few options for the old sun ultra5. It was to be a sun
experiment into low cost PC-like dirt cheap slapped together low-end
workstations. So the graphics options were bottom dollar. The ultra10
had the benefit of actual OpenGL ready hardware but that is another
story.

Are you talking about Creator (3D)?
Exactly. I had one at home and it ran great. With Solaris 2.5.1.
Otherwise I can not recall anything about it from over twenty years ago.

In any case, they're not very fast and lack basic features that even the
Mach64 has (like colorspace transforms for video playback), but at least they
have enough VRAM for resolutions higher than 1024x768.

The Ultra5 and Ultra10 were to Sun what the Porsche Cayenne was for
Porsche.  Bottom of the line junk you buy with pride only to discover it
isn't really a Sun server and it runs like junk and dies fast and it
is worthless even faster.  Meanwhile the average Sun server would run
for a decade just fine.

Dennis