Re: Ultra5 successful install - PGX64 issues

> Another module that is not available in sparc64 is the xserver-xorg-video-sunffb package.
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/sparc/xserver-xorg-video-sunffb/download
> It was last available for wheezy.

That driver was completely removed from Debian. I'm not sure whether it's
still maintained upstream, I think it was removed.

Might be possible that you can use xf86-video-modesetting together with
the right kernel module on these machines these days. Dave Miller probably
knows more, he's on the sparclinux kernel mailing list.

Adrian,

I assume that this is a general advice to email on sparclinux kernel list for kernel module issues?
Or is it specific for to the sunffb package?

I think (just based on reading 10 year old posts, etc), that the right way to get X on the PGX64 is via the mach64 module.
So I'll ask on the sparclinux kernel mailing list about this.

Thanks. Phillip