Getting additional modules for install. [missing pdc202xx_new]

I have sort of an odd situation, I want to test debian 9 on an Ultra 5 that is capable of booting* a Promise PDC20269 chipset card [Maxtor ATA/133]. The install does not have pdc202xx_new available and I was unsure what the best way was to get a Sparc64 kernel module built for it.

I do not have another sun4u system handy and I was think the cross-compile tools would be used for this… Also I assume I would have to rebuild the module any time there was a kernel upgrade but before I rebooted.

Thanks for any advice (and for all those putting in the hard work of keeping the Sparc64 port going)

-Mike

*Full story I was able to use the info here https://www.netbsd.org/ports/sparc64/faq.html#pci-cards  to figure out how to get OpenBoot to treat unknown PCI IDE card the same as the internal device.

Add your PCI ATA Card. Boot the system use "show-devs" to find the card node. The you want to get the class-code property so

cd /pci@1f,0/pci@1/<DEVICE>
.properties

Look for the class-code my Promise PDC20269 is 00018085

nvedit
dev /packages/SUNW,builtin-drivers
: class018085
f 9 my-space + " config-b!" $call-parent class010100
;
device-end

Control-C to end.
nvstore