Re: Packages libklibc and klibc-utils missing for sparc64 on p.d.o

On 13 Jan 2018, at 16:10, Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I today wanted to check if a new libklibc package is available for sparc64 that includes the fixes by James. I'd like to get my SPARC machines into a working state again. :-)
>
> But unfortunately the libklibc and klibc-utils packages are no longer available for sparc64 as per packages.debian.org (see for example [1]). I believe I saw them around 2017-12-31, as I upgraded them on my Ultra 80 on that date, but maybe I'm mistaken.
>
> [1]: https://packages.debian.org/sid/libklibc
>
> As [1] also lists the corresponding packages for the unofficial ports alpha, hppa, ppc64 and others I wonder why sparc64 should be missing there. [2] lists only sparc and not sparc64 but that file wasn't changed recently IIUC. Hence I wonder why the packages were listed end of December 2017 but are gone now.
>
> [2]: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/kernel/klibc.git/tree/debian/rules
>
> UPDATE: After checking the download path of the libklibc package for ppc64 and adapting it to sparc64 I was able to find the packages (on [3]), but still, shouldn't the klibc packages not also be listed on packages.debian.org?
>
> [3]: http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-sparc64/main/k/klibc/

Due to [0], I uploaded a fixed version of src:klibc for sparc64 to unreleased,
which doesn't show up on packages.debian.org, and removes the lower version
from unstable at the same time.

James

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=885852