Re: Bad news

On 09/02/2017 08:55 PM, BERTRAND Joel wrote:
>     I suppose sparc is definitively dead...

No sources, just wild claims, the same wild claims that came up when
Solaris was allegedly killed, yet there has been no statement whatsoever
from Oracle.

On the contrary, if you follow the sparclinux Linux kernel mailing list,
you are seeing lots of patches coming in from Oracle employees every
week currently showing no sign of an end. And Oracle just recently
released Exadata SL6 which is based on Linux SPARC [1].

So, as long as I don't see an official statement from Oracle confirming
the demise of Solaris and SPARC, I don't pay much attention to such
news articles and so should you.

Thanks,
Adrian

--