Re: Missing dirmngr after fresh install

Hi Jukka!

On 03/21/2017 08:44 PM, Jukka Nousiainen wrote:
> 6) First problem: gpg --recv-keys operation fails due to missing dirmngr:
>
> gpg: failed to start the dirmngr '/usr/bin/dirmngr': No such file or directory

An alternative way would have been:

# apt-get -o Acquire::Check-Valid-Until=false update
# apt-get install debian-ports-archive-keyring
# apt-get update

After that, apt should be configured properly.

> Any suggestions/workarounds for the missing dirmngr issue?

Not sure. I assume the problem came around because of the transition from GPG1
to GPG2 which depends on dirmngr. We generally have the problem that the installation
of additional software with debian-installer doesn't work due to the missing
debian-ports-archive-keyring in debian-installer - it defaults to the keyring
for the release architectures. We should actually look into a solution for that
now that we fixed most of the other issues.

> Also, what repos should be used for ZFS packages?

You will need to build zfs-linux from source yourself as the package is part of
contrib only and therefore not available in debian-ports by default [1]. I could
just build the package for sparc64 and upload it to "unreleased" though if people
actually need zfs-linux on sparc64.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz