Re: Missing virtio modules for sparc64

> On 03/16/2017 11:24 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> I'm rebuilding the sparc64 installer image now and will hopefully post
>> it shortly.
>
> Here they are: https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/debian-cd/2017-03-17/
>
> Adrian

Great! I can confirm the patch works as expected in that the virtio
kernel modules are now loaded upon boot - thank you very much!

There is one issue I've found in that the debian-installer fails to
detect the installation CDROM hardware automatically.

I was able to workaround this by selecting the option to load an
external driver, let that fail, then manually enter the /dev/vda device
which allowed installation to continue but something is preventing the
virtio-blk device being seen as a CDROM.

The QEMU virtio-blk device is configured like this:

-drive
file=debian-9.0-sparc64-NETINST-1.iso,if=none,index=0,id=cd,media=cdrom

-device virtio-blk-pci,drive=cd

So I am definitely telling QEMU that the virtio-blk device is CDROM
rather than HD media, but that knowledge somehow isn't getting to the
installer?

ATB,

Mark.