Re: New sparc64 installation images 2017-03-14

On 03/14/2017 04:12 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Known issues:
>
> (...)
> Let me know if there is anything else that should be fixed.

So, it seems that one of the new features that debian-installer has, support for
GNU screen, causes problems on the serial console of SPARC boxes. After reading
through the sources of d-i and some testing, I figured out this problem can be
worked around by adding "TERM_TYPE=linux" on the boot command line when booting
the ISO image.

Setting the terminal type to Linux fixes the scrambled display, but navigation
using cursor keys is still flaky for me, so I had to resort selecting items by
pressing the respective letters on my keyboard.

This definitely is a regression in debian-installer that should be reported.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz