Re: Grub2 with sparc64 patches

On 2017-01-23 01:24 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> This looks like your /boot partition is either too small or uses an
> unsupported
> filesystem. Could you print out your partition table with parted?
>
> E.g.:
>
> root@deb4g:~# parted /dev/vdiska print
> Model: Unknown (unknown)
> Disk /dev/vdiska: 161GB
> Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
> Partition Table: gpt
> Disk Flags:
>
> Number  Start   End     Size   File system  Name  Flags
>  1      1049kB  1000MB  999MB  ext3               boot, esp
>  2      1001MB  161GB   160GB  ext4
>
> root@deb4g:~#
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian

# parted /dev/sdb print
Model: SEAGATE ST914603SSUN146G (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 147GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: sun
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    File system     Flags
 1      0.00B   1003MB  1003MB  ext2            boot
 2      1003MB  141GB   140GB   ext4
 4      141GB   147GB   5799MB  linux-swap(v1)

On 2017-01-23 02:38 PM, Eric Snowberg wrote:
> Since the T5240 doesn’t support GPT, we have to use blocklists, could you try this instead:
>
> # grub-install —force /dev/sdb1
>
> The following warning can be ignored for now:
>
> Installing for sparc64-ieee1275 platform.
> grub2-install: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists.  However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
> Installation finished. No error reported.

# grub-install --force /dev/sdb1
Installing for sparc64-ieee1275 platform.
grub-install: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB can only be