Re: Creating a network boot.img myself

On Sun, 2017-01-22 at 14:08 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> It's not really practical. One of the problems is that debian-
> installer currently doesn't build on the ports architectures as it
> tries to pull udebs during build from the main FTP server which
> carries the release architectures only [1].
>
> So, if we were to automate the image creation, fixing debian-
> installer on the buildds would be the first thing to do. Helge Deller
> from the hppa porters wanted to look into the d-i issue at some
> point, he has also got commit access to the d-i git repository.

Okay about the error form buildd for sparc64 ...

WARNING: mirror 'http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports' appears to
be invalid; skipping

That's done by line 80 of gen-sources.list.udeb from utils. It's
checking if the udeb components are available in the repo ...

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/debian-installer.git/tree/build/uti
l/gen-sources.list.udeb

What's the deference with ports from the Releases file that is called?

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/Release
http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/dists/sid/Release

Contents-udeb-amd64 vs our architecture from contrib, main, non-free?
So we just need the generate Contents-udeb-{arch} files to succeed it?

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/
http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/dists/sid/main/

But maybe I am wrong.

Thanks,