Re: mdadm serious does wrong partition changes

On 12/03/2017 01:22 PM, Frans van Berckel wrote:
> I am creating raid partitions. First only sdd1, wanna add sdc1 later
> on. But creating sdd1 does serious wrong partition changes. Because it
> drops the partition tabel. And creates a new one.
>> So it has created the raid on sdd, instead of sdd1. And even
> more serious, it drops my swap, and the Sun's sdd3 partition.

I don't have any of these issues but I also don't understand your strange
RAID setup. We have setup mdraid on three of the sparc64 machines we have
and I never saw any issues.

I also think it's extremely unlikely that the mdraid code has such fundamental
issues. This is widely used code which doesn't see too many changes often.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz