Re: serial connection on debian on sun ultra10

On 12/06/17 08:30, Hartwig Atrops wrote:

Looks well, I use the same pin assignment on my null-modem cables here.

Regarding the minicom configuration: I remove all escape sequences and init
strings from my minicom configuration. And you need to use 9600 8N1 to talk
to the Sun.

IME something like gtkterm (on Linux) or Teraterm (on Windows) is preferable for bench work. Some people use (GNU) screen, in extremis cu. None of these attempt anything like modem initialisation, and any assumptions about control signals can be overridden or circumvented.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk