Re: debian-installer now available in Ports

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 01:55:08PM +0100, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
>John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> Thus, I was wondering whether any volunteers would be willing to help building
>> ISO images for the various architectures.
>
>I'm already doing this for kfreebsd-amd64, but only the jessie-kfreebsd
>suite:
>http://jenkins.kfreebsd.eu/jenkins/view/cd/job/debian-cd_jessie-kfreebsd/lastBuild/console
>and I had to patch debian-cd before it worked.  (Didn't yet find time to
>file bugs or submit those patches).

Please post them!

>I could probably set up similar jobs for kfreebsd-* sid now.
>
>> It's not necessary to run debian-cd on the same architecture as the
>> target architecture of the ISO images.

Exactly. There are sometimes difficulties with the tools needed to set
up boot files etc., but they tend to be portable.

>I did not even realise that.  So I will add kfreebsd-i386 next.
>
>I expect there might be problems trying to build linux arches from a
>kfreebsd host.  But we should try to find out, and then maybe fix it.

We were happily building kfreebsd-* images from a Linux host, so I'd
expect it to work OK.

I've offered before: I don't have the time personally to work on
building ports images, but I'm more than happy to help other people
getting them building on our official infrastructure...

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?