Re: Sun Blade 100 dead?

On 04/06/2017 06:56 PM, transmail wrote:
> I just got my Sun 6 USB keyboard, so finally i could try my Sun Blade 100.
> However, i cannot enter OBP. The machine seems to be alive: after the power
> button is pressed, the LED goes green, a short beep emitted, the LED flashes
> five times and then remains on and the monitor switches on (but remains black).
> The CD drive ejects on demand and the HDD spins up.

Have you considered that the RTC chip battery may be dead? It's usually a
MK48T02 chip and they fail after some time. I would try resetting the NVRAM
settings first though.

No idea how this is done on the Sun Blade 100, but there are service manuals
available for them on the net.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz