Re: New sparc64 netboot image available

On 04/05/2017 10:19 AM, Frans van Berckel wrote:
> If kernel size still >10 Mb, from tftpboot.sh, add sparc* ;-).

Hmm, I'm not sure whether the kernel is the deciding factor here
but I will give it a try. I need to investigate into this mechanism
a bit more.

It's a bit odd that OpenFirmware has such weird limitations. I have
known these things from classic x86 PCs but I wouldn't expect that
from a fully-fledged 64-bit system like the Sun Ultra machines.

Would be good if someone knowledgeable from the Oracle crowd could
chime in. Maybe there are some tricks to work around the limit.

> But please be sure, and check first, are elftoaout & piggyback64 really
> able handling such an compressed kernel?

Of course. I'm not going to commit anything without testing it first.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz