Re: /boot partition failing to mount

On 03/28/2017 05:30 AM, Jesse Talavera-Greenberg wrote:
> However, the /boot partition (which uses ext3) is failing to mount

How does that manifest? What error message do you get? What are the contents
of your /etc/fstab?

> and I don't know why.  The weird thing is that I can mount it manually just fine,

How do you mount it manually? Have you compared it to what's in /etc/fstab?

> though if I run systemctl default the console stops responding.

Did you actually read the manpage for systemctl to understand what "systemctl
default" does?

Quoting:

       default
           Enter default mode. This is mostly equivalent to isolate default.target.
and:
	"isolate" is only valid for start operations and causes all other units to
	be stopped when the specified unit is started. This mode is always used when
	the isolate command is used.

So, "systemctl default" on Debian effectively kills all units except for the ones
that are wanted by default.target. Don't run "systemctl default".

Probably the default.target should be reconfigured in Debian's systemd package
to avoid this problem.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz