Re: Missing dirmngr after fresh install

On 03/22/2017 03:15 PM, Jukka Nousiainen wrote:
>> You will need to build zfs-linux from source yourself as the package is part of
>> contrib only and therefore not available in debian-ports by default [1]. I could
>> just build the package for sparc64 and upload it to "unreleased" though if
>> people
>> actually need zfs-linux on sparc64.
>
> On my part it's more nice-to-have than a requirement.

I just uploaded the zfs-linux package for sparc64 to "unreleased". It should
be available for installation from there within the next 6-12 hours.

I had to include a minor fix to make the build succeed on sparc64 [1]. Please
let me know whether it works for you or whether they are any issues. The
fact that it didn't even build when I tried it means that most likely
no one tried zfs-linux on sparc64 before.

> Again, really nice that these builds are available. If things seem stable I will
> reinstall two additional squeeze (sparc) hosts as sparc64. And naturally enable
> popcon to support the effort towards an official port status.

Thanks for the kind words. Happy to hear that what we are doing is useful
to people. Chances are pretty good that sparc64 is going to be a release
architecture in the near future, but there are still some issues that
need to be ironed out. And, yes, please use popcon to let others see that
Debian on SPARC is actually being used :).

Cheers,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz