Re: kernel panic in wheezy installer

On 21/03/17 17:30, Frans van Berckel wrote:
On Tue, 2017-03-21 at 16:05 +0000, txt.file wrote:
I tried to install Linux on a Sun Netra T1 200. I booted [0] (didn't
find any newer netboot image) via netboot. Sadly I get an kernel
panic after the installer searches for DHCP.
I know that wheezy is in LTS (but not for sparc). Are there any newer
netboot images available? Under ports.debian.org I only found ISO
images for sid.
The stack trace is all the output I get on the serial interface.

Good to know, there a Debian ports Sparc64 netboot version by Adrian.

https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/netboot/

Even though this is "work in progress" it's a far better bet than "Wheezy" or for that matter "Squeeze" which preceded it.

The even-older "Lenny" was fairly robust, and I've still got it on multiple Netras of that vintage without significant problem.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk