Re: X in debian-9.0-sparc on qemu

On 2017-03-08 16:20, sacarde wrote:
Alle martedì 7 marzo 2017, Adrian Davey ha scritto:

You might like to read https://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64Qemu for some
guidance about blacklisting DRM modules that auto-load and cause issues
with qemu sparc64.  It is also a useful URL to see what others have
experienced with later d-i images etc.

Once QEMU 2.9 lands I am sure we'll see sun4v target info too.

OK, I blacklist 3 modules as your link describes
now wihtout "-vga none" boot is OK

but error using tigervncserver is the same...

p.s.
if you run: Xorg -configure
xorg.conf is done regularly ?

thankyou

Hi,

tigervncserver or tightvncserver are both independent from Xorg xserver config and also independent of any display adaptor/screen/keyboard/mouse attached or not. Personally I add twm to make vnc slightly nicer on startup and it's light enough to not munch cpu cycles.

I have not tried tigervnc but tightvnc works perfectly here with current uptodate sid installed on qemu.

Regards,

Adrian