Re: XVR500 and SysVInit

Hi,

> On 21 Dec 2016, at 13:36, transmail <transmail@freemail.hu> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> I just would like to know, if the Sparc64 port of Debian 9 will
> support my XVR500 card in my Sun Blade 100

The kernel's config has CONFIG_FB_XVR500=y (as well as 2500 and 1000),
so I assume yes.

> and also i would like to know, that if there will be SysVInit in the
> binary repos, so i can just replace systemd with SysVInit.

Yes, sysvinit is available. In theory it should work, although in
practice I can't guarantee anything; systemd has much more testing in
Debian these days. I don't understand all the hate for systemd (and
don't want to start a debate), but I appreciate that people have their
reasons for not choosing it.

Regards,
James