Re: [Stretch] Status for architecture qualification

On 06/11/2016 07:33 PM, alexmcwhirter@triadic.us wrote:
> Haven't given pulseeaudio a test yet as i haven't really focused on sparc desktops. I do believe i have tests passing on util-linux and glibc, i will have to
> double check though. These are probably older versions than the unstable debian repository though.

Unless you are using ancient versions of util-linux and glibc, I do not think that
the testsuites are passing on sparc64 on Gentoo. Those packages have actual bugs
which need to be addressed.

Jose Marchesi recently addressed one alignment issue in glibc as mentioned in
another mail, see:

> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-05/msg00710.html

> Im sure there's a lot of that amongst the package tree. I haven't worked much on fixing unaligned access type errors, but it's on my todo list.

If you file a sparc64-specific bug in Debian. please add the following below the
keyword list at the top of the bug report mail as generated by the reportbug
utility:

User: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Usertags: sparc64

This makes sure the bugs are tagged as sparc64 bugs and the list gets informed automatically
about the bugs getting filed.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz