Re: Debian Sparc 7.10.0 Install Problems

On 06/08/2016 05:02 PM, Chris wrote:
> I've been trying to get Debian Sparc 7.10.0 installed on a Sun
> V215 with an XVR300 graphics card with little success. Wanted
> to try 7.10.0, as it seemsto be the last supported Debian for
> Sparc. I installed Squeeze onto a V210 with XVR100 a few years
> ago and apart from a few config issues, it installed out of the
> box and is stable.

Try our latest sparc64 build. It still has some rough edges, but you should
be able to get the system installed. Has a much more recent kernel and userland:

> https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/debian-cd/2016-05-04/debian-9.0-sparc64-NETINST-1.iso

At the "boot:" prompt, append the following line:

preseed/url=https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/preseed-sparc64.cfg

And when installing, please use a minimal setup since the installer has some quirks still
and the more packages you are trying to install during installation, the more likely you
will run into issues.

Just install the bare minimum, then reboot and install the rest over the net.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz