Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

Hi,

>On 01/01/2016 11:55 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> Almost done. It seems I simply did not built the new base-installer and
>> partman-ext3 packages. Will be right back with a new image.
>
>Ok, updated:
>
>https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/debian-cd/debian-9.0-sparc64-NETINST-1.iso

Thanks, I was too tired yesterday... Turned out I had a timeframe of 15
minutes where the install would have been successful, but read on:

Booted up OK (with preseeding as usually), but still lacks the change for
the partitioner. Are these changes part of the packages which are retrieved
over the net? Perhaps they haven't been updated on debian-ports? Only
guessing, though, I don't know much about the installer internals...

Anyway, after adding the "-F" to the line in 50format_ext3 per hand, I can
confirm that the filesystem gets created.

Unfortunatly, I'm now running into a new error during install of the base
system:

Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap: dpkg: regarding .../ifupdown_0.8.5_sparc64.deb containing ifupdown:
Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap:  ifupdown breaks systemd (<< 228-3~)
Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap:   systemd (version 228-2) is present and triggered.
Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap:
Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap: dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/ifupdown_0.8.5_sparc64.deb (--unpack):
Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap:  installing ifupdown would break systemd, and
Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap:  deconfiguration is not permitted (--auto-deconfigure might help)

The version of ifupdown on d-p has a timestamp of 2016-01-02 00:10, so
I wasn't running into it yesterday. Well, I think I'm blocked here, I
can't think around this issue without a local mirror with the older version.

Does somebody know a different way forward?

CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
Stormweg 24               |Imperial State Electric, The Estranged,