Re: Firefox now available on Debian/sparc64

This machine is headless.  It's a V880.
I could add a PCI video card to it if i could find one that would work among all my old stuff, but it would definitely not be something that i could do quickly.  Most of it sits in storage.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 4:58 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
On 12/19/2016 04:56 PM, Kevin Stabel wrote:
> I can even say HTML5 video seems to somewhat work.

Cool.

> There seems to be a colorspace issue at least.  I get a blue tint, but only on the video area (much like the X forwarding issue), and the frames seem to
> overlay.  That is to say, the frames don't clear, they just add up infinitely (quite trippy), but the decoding works.
> Video is not usable right now, but promising for sure.

Might be related to VNC in this case. You don't really get hardware acceleration in this case.

Any chance you can try this with a real monitor hooked up? I should try on my old desktop
sparc64 machine as well. Although it will be a bit sluggish.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org