Re: Segmentation faults with aptitude and apt-get on some packages

On 12/2/2016 11:51 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Change the first SILO entry to:
>
> image=/boot/vmlinuz-4.8.11
>        label=Linux
>        initrd=/boot/initrd.img-4.8.11
>
> You simply forgot to modify silo.conf to point to the correct kernel and initrd.
>
> Currently it's configured to boot "vmlinuz" from the system's root directory which is most likely a symlink to a kernel in /boot (check "ls -l /vmlinuz") and use /initrd-4.8.11 as the initrd which is probably a symlink as well.
>
> Adrian
>
>> On Dec 2, 2016, at 6:32 PM, rod <r.schnell@mythos.freeddns.org> wrote:
>>
>> image=/vmlinuz
>>        label=Linux
>>        initrd=/initrd.img-4.8.11

I noticed that whilst typing the email and have gone looking for
vmlinuz-4.8.11.

It's not in /boot and updatedb/locate doesn't show one on the system
symlinked or otherwise.

Did we not create it somehow? Is it supposed to be created when the
kernel is built?

Building kernels is fun! ;)