My 2c,

Vincent

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

On 11/24/2016 05:10 PM, David Miller wrote:
From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 11:00:29 +0100

For SILO, Oracle has created several patches which port SILO to 64-bit (I extracted
that patch and applied it to the Debian package) and other packages which improve
SILO on modern sun4v machines.

All of the changes which were submitted to this list I reviewed and
either they were poorly formed or did not apply cleanly at all.

That doesn't sound too good :(.

Everything fell to /dev/null and the developers made no effort
whatsoever to address the feedback and make the patches actually apply
to the SILO git tree properly.

The patches were not only poorly formed, or not able to apply to the
GIT tree, they were also extremely poorly documented with either a
very terse and vague commit message provided or none at all.  When
I would ask why a change was doing X or Y, I received no response
at all.

Hmm. I have this small patch which enables 64-bit support. It's rather
clean and I'll try to submit it later today to get at least some
improvements.

Adrian

--
.''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz