Re: Segmentation faults with aptitude and apt-get on some packages

On 11/18/2016 11:32 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> This has turned out to be an issue with libstdc++6 which comes from the gcc-6
> package which was built with a broken version of binutils. The buildds are
> currently building a fresh gcc-6 package which is being built with a fixed
> version of binutils which should mitigate the problem.

Ok, the last fix for binutils was yet not enough. The problem was supposedly
introduced by this change in binutils [1]. We have reverted this change now
completely and are rebuilding gcc-6 again.

Once we have verified the problem has been finally fixed, we will rebuild
all possibly affected packages again to be sure all collateral damage has
been fixed.

Again, if anyone runs into segmentation faults or similar crashes with any
package, particularly if it was recently updated, please let us know.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz