Re: Sparc boot problem

(Re-added debian-sparc@l.d.o to CC)

On 11/04/2016 08:57 PM, Adrian Blake wrote:
> I used the NETINST version burnt to a CD.
> There was a warning when I set up the partitions to use ext3 as there problems booting from ext4.
> I did not see an option to select the partition type. IF I did
> the partitions manually then there may be a option.

You can set the partition types and sizes when partitioning the disks manually. Since debian-installer
for sparc64 and the CD images are currently beta quality only, you will need some manual tweaking to
make the installation work. One of these is manual partitioning, creating a separate partition for
/boot with 1-2 GiB in size, formatted with ext3.

When you get to the step "Select and install software", please just skip this step. It currently
doesn't work properly. Just continue with installation and make sure SILO is installed at the end.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz