Re: Latest netinst image missing virtio drivers

> On 08/02/2016 03:16 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>> Have the virtio drivers been removed for technical reasons or else would
>> it be possible to reinstate them on the next update?
>
> Not that I know of. Are you sure those are really missing? They might
> be in a separate d-i package but I would assume that won't help much
> as they need to be inside the initramfs.

Yeah, my test was booting in qemu-system-sparc64 with both a virtio CD
and HD so I didn't get too far ;)

Compared to the older January image, if I exit to a shell in the
installer then the drivers/virtio directory in /lib/modules doesn't
exist anymore so they were definitely bundled in the initramfs in the past.

> I currently don't have a machine set up which I can use for building
> fresh sparc64 installation images, my Sun Blade 100 is currently
> sleeping in my basement.

Okay. I do have the older ISO image to test with for the moment so
please consider it a request for a future enhancement :)

ATB,

Mark.