Re: Custom kernel comes out as wrong arch

On 2016-07-29 12:45, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 07/29/2016 05:16 PM, alexmcwhirter@triadic.us wrote:
Just add sparc64 to the arch case in this file.

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/scripts/package/builddeb

Man, you should really add a bit more information in your mails when reporting
issues you are having in Debian in the future. The problem you have
here is with a script
provided in the *upstream* kernel sources while in Debian we have our
own scripts
for building kernel packages. In fact, there is thorough documentation
which explains
in detail how to build your own kernel packages for the exact cases you are
having here:

https://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html#s-common-official

The first email you sent in this thread sounded like "Hey, I tried
using a standard
feature in Debian which everyone expects to work out-of-the-box and it
turns out to
be horribly broken" and then only to admit you were using tools that
are completely
unrelated and unsupported by Debian, so there is actually nothing we
can do about
in Debian.

Adrian

"apt-get install linux-source" provided me with the sources i am talking about. Is this not a supported way to obtain and build sources for the current debian kernel? It used to be.