Re: Re: Debian Sparc 7.10.0 Install Problems

Hello Chris,

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 11:00:25AM +0000, Chris wrote:
> I know Debian 7 is unsupported on Sparc and that bugs won't be fixed,
> but I don't care. Once the OS is installed and stable, I really don't
> need or expect support or patches. Apart from adding a few packages,
> nothing is likely to change. All i'm looking for is a stable
> OS to run on Sparc h/w, with a gui. I would be quite happy with Sol
> 10, but Oracle support licenses are too expensive.
> Old it may be, but even Squeeze is pretty stable. Just wanted to try
> out a later version and afaics, 7.10 was the last supported stable
> release.

if netbooting is an option for you, installation report
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=757787 may help you.

Probably the mentioned netbooting stuff is already moved to an debian
archive after the official end of wheezy support now.

Good luck,
  greetings
    Hermann

--
Netzwerkadministration/Zentrale Dienste, Interdiziplinaeres
Zentrum fuer wissenschaftliches Rechnen der Universitaet Heidelberg