Re: Volunteering Sun T2000 machines

Hi Marc!

On 02/26/2016 12:27 AM, Marc Rosen wrote:
> I am a undergraduate computer science student at Johns Hopkins
> university, and a member of the student ACM chapter there. The JHU ACM
> has two Sun T2000 machines, which are in fairly good shape, and both
> running debian

Sounds good! Are those already running the sparc64 port? Debian sparc
is planned to be end-of-life in May 2016, so these should no be running
without being re-installed after this date.

>  We were wondering if the debian sparc project had any
> need for build servers, since we would be happy to operate build
> servers, if additional server power would be helpful to the project.

Can you try whether you can install the machines with the latest
sparc64 NETINST image I created two days ago?

> https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/debian-cd/2016-02-25/

The machines work reliably, we can add them as additional buildds.

Cheers,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz