Re: Adding build profiles to Debian GIS packages

On 26-01-16 19:33, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> I'm waiting for librt-topology to replace liblwgeom which should greatly
> help, all I can do is ask you to be patient as well.

Based on the 'Profile built binary packages' [0] section of the
BuildProfileSpec, we can't do anything other than wait for
librt-topology, because build profiles are not a solution to the
spatialite->postgis->gdal->spatialite circular dependency.

When spatialite is built without liblwgeom the binary package will not
contain the exact same content. Even with the "stage1" exception the
library will still be different and violate the spec.

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/BuildProfileSpec#Profile_built_binary_packages

Kind Regards,

Bas

--