Sun Fire T2000 ALOM console very slow

Hi!

I am currently setting up another Debian sparc64 machine which is
a Sun Fire T2000 and I am currently using the ALOM console over a
network connection.

While the console works fine so far, it's just painfully slow and I
can basically watch the machine print single characters on screen.

Does anyone know what could be the reason for that? I have been waiting
for several minutes now just for the kernel to print the boot messages,
something must be completely off here.

Any suggestions?

Adrian

--