Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

On 01/02/2016 07:50 PM, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> Booted up OK (with preseeding as usually), but still lacks the change for
> the partitioner. Are these changes part of the packages which are retrieved
> over the net?

I'm not sure. I was actually sure that debian-installer would use the
version of partman-ext3 which I provided with "localudebs". It might
be true that the updated package has to be on the servers actually.

> Perhaps they haven't been updated on debian-ports?

Well, I cannot just build and upload a fixed package to unstable because
the original maintainer would probably rather upset. I can, however,
upload the package to "unreleased" to see whether that helps.

The proper version of the package should be 85+sparc64 which includes
the fix. I'll just upload the package to unreleased now, just a
second.

> Unfortunatly, I'm now running into a new error during install of the base
> system:
>
> Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap: dpkg: regarding .../ifupdown_0.8.5_sparc64.deb containing ifupdown:
> Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap:  ifupdown breaks systemd (<< 228-3~)
> Jan  2 18:15:07 debootstrap:   systemd (version 228-2) is present and triggered.
>
> Does somebody know a different way forward?

Well, the error message is pretty clear. ifupdown wants system 228-3
or newer while sparc64 has still 228-2 which is a result of the
systemd package not being built on sparc64 yet (it's still building,
see [1]).

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz