Re: New working sparc64 netinst image

On 01/01/2016 03:13 PM, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> - the installer went ahead downloading, but failed to find a kernel for
>   installation. Manually installing it in the target via chroot works.

Can I get the exact error message, preferably from the log files under
/var/log? My suspicion is that debian-installer tries to install the
wrong kernel version and therefore fails.

Apparently, being able to install the proper kernel version is a bit
tricky and according to Helge Deller (CC) is the main reason why he
uses snapshotted debian-ports.org mirrors for the installation.

I have the suspicion that debian-installer looks for a particular
kernel version which was determined at build time.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz