Re: Resurrecting Debian on SPARC

On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 11:44 +1100, James Morris wrote:
> FYI,
>
> Oracle developers have been working on Sparc Linux (as some may have
> noticed from lkml commits).  We've just made an initial cut of this
> available publicly, for the purposes of sharing it with the wider
> community.
>
> See https://oss.oracle.com/projects/linux-sparc/
>
> There are some mailing lists, a git repo, installable distro etc.
>
> I hope that some of this work will be useful to the Debian project,
> and please feel free to provide us with feedback.

Checking: Did you know James, a serious sparc64 bug is solved in Stable
git tree? It's not committed in linux-uek.git yet?

sparc64: Fix userspace FPU register corruptions, as David said, this
bug is about two decades old.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/lo
g/?id=refs%2Ftags%2Fv4.1.10&qt=grep&q=sparc

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel