Re: Do 8042/kb_ps2 keyboard devices work under wheezy kernels?

Hermann Lauer wrote:
On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 08:46:32AM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
At the time, V880. But was prepared to try various other systems in the hope
of finding something that would install.

Just checked - on V880 here a vanilla 3.12.6 is running. If you like
to get that as a deb, just ask.

We ended up putting running Solaris 10 on it for a year, and it will probably be retired with OpenSXCE.

The impression I got was that the developers were doing dist-upgrades etc.,
but were rarely checking the CD image. The bug you cite would appear to stem
from the same shortcoming.

On the diverging netboot vs. di kernel module iussue on the ftp servers I
proposed a check to help keeping the right di kernel modules - but the
maintainer didn't like or postponed that idea (stumbled over this on amd64, too).

I've seen this sort of thing on Gentoo as well.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk